Pie chart of Indonesian Creative Industry contribution to national GDP:
Growth summary of creative industry in Indonesia since 2002:
In contrast to the characteristics of industry in general, the creative industries is an industrial group consisting a variety of industries, where each of them relate with the process of turning idea or intellectual property into a high economically valued product that can create wealth and jobs. Indonesia classifies creative industries into 14 industrial groups, which are:
Creative Industry on Architecture group are creative activities related to building design services as a whole both from a macro level (city planning, urban design, landscape architecture) to the micro level (construction details), for example: garden architecture, construction cost planning, conservation of heritage buildings , supervision of construction, urban planning, consulting engineering activities, such as buildings and civil engineering and mechanical and electrical engineering.
Business field that is part of the architectural industry group includes architects consultancy services (such as building design, construction supervision, urban planning, etc.) and consulting engineering activities such as engineering and civil engineering construction and traffic engineering.
Creative Industrial on Design Group is a creative activity associated with the creation of graphic design, interior design, product design, industrial design, corporate identity consulting and marketing research services and the production of packaging and packaging services.
Business field that is part of the design industry groups are:
- Industrial Packaging and Paper Box and Carton that includes production of all kinds of packaging and boxes of paper / cardboard used for packaging / packing, making boxes for cigarettes and other goods;
- Marketing Research Services business including market potential research, market acceptance of products, practices and consumer behavior, in relation with sales promotions and new product development;
- Packaging services including packing service business on the basis of reimbursement (fee) or contract and the activities of canning, bottling, labeling, gift wrap, and the like
- Other corporate services including stenography services, auction, translators, and so forth.
Creative Industry on Fashion Group are activities associated with the creation of clothes design, footwear design, and other fashion accessory design, fashion production and its accessories, line consulting of fashion products, and distribution of fashion products.
Business field which is part of the fashion industry groups, namely:
- Industry of knitted ready made clothes that includes business on ready made clothes production, which also includes hats made by woven or lace;
- Knitted socks industry including socks-production business that is made by knitting or lace;
- Other knitted goods industrial that includes manufacturing of knitted goods, such as light shirt, deker, headbands;
- Clothes Manufacture of Textile and its equipment which includes business of textile fabrics ready made clothes production and its equipments by cutting and sewing, so ready to wear, such as shirts, kebaya, trousers, blouses, skirts, baby clothes, dance and sports wear, hats, tie, gloves, mukena, scarves, veils, belts, and handkerchiefs, both from woven and knitted sewn fabrics;
- Ready made clothes industrial (convection) and equipment from the leather covering the apparel manufacturing business of leather or imitation leather and equipment, by cutting and sewing, so ready to use as a jacket, coat, vest, pants and skirts, hats, gloves, belts ;
- Ready made clothes industrial/Made Goods from the fur and or accessories including garment-making business / leather goods and fur or equipment, such as fur coats;
- Footwear industry to everyday uses including footwear manufacturing business, daily use of leather and imitated leather, rubber, and wood kanfas, such as daily shoes, casual shoes, shoes sandals, sandals, clogs, and slippers. Besides, it also includes making business parts of footwear, such as sole boss in, outer soles, the front lasing, middle, back, lining and accessories;
- Sports shoes industry including shoes production business for sports made of leather and imitated leather, rubber and canvas; such as soccer shoes, athletics, gymnastics, jogging, ballet;
- Industrial of Field Engineering Shoes/Industrial Needs which includes shoe-making, including making the parts of shoes for field engineering/industry that made of leather, imitated leather, rubber, and plastics such as shoes for chemical resistant, heat resistant, safety shoes;
- Other Footwear industries including footwear manufacturing business of leather,imitated leather, rubber, canvas and plastic that does not include any groups, such as health shoes and other footwear such as shoes from gedebog, and water hyacinth;
- Big Trade Textiles, Made Clothes, and the Leather covering a large trade of textiles and garment to abroad, such as: all kinds of textiles, made clothes, batik, ropes, carpets / rugs of textile materials, bags, all kinds of knitting, and other made goods from textiles except made clothes.
- The Big Trade of Goods and Other Household Supplies. This group includes a large variety of trade goods and other household goods related to fashion such as: leather garment and leather footwear.
- Textile Retail business which includes a special retail trade of all kinds of batik clothes made from natural fibers, synthetic, or mixtures, such as woven cloth and batik clothes;
- Retail of Ready Made Clothes that covers specific retail trade for all kinds of made wear of textile, leather, or imitated leather, such as shirts, pants, jacket, coat, pajamas, kebaya, etc.;
- Retail Shoes, Sandals and other Footwear that includes special kinds of retailing business on varieties of shoes, sandals, slippers, and other footwear made of leather, imitated leather, plastic, rubber, cloth or wood, such as: men’s shoes, children shoes, sports shoes, shoes sandals, sandals, slippers, and medical shoes.
- Retail Textiles, Made Clothes, Footwear and other Personal Purposes Goods including special retail trade of textile made clothes, footwear and other personal belongings that have not been included in the groups 52,321 s / d 52,328 such as tablecloths, bed clothes, mosquito nets, mattress fabric, fabric cushions, curtains, mops, mats, and so forth.
- Export Trade Textile, Made Clothing and Leather that covers the business of exporting industrial textile and made clothes production, such as: all kinds of textiles, made clothes, batik cloth, ropes, carpets / rugs of textile materials, bags, all kinds of knitting , and other made goods of textiles except of made clothing.
- Trade Exports of goods and other household goods covering exporting business of variety of goods and other household goods related to fashion such as: leather garment, leather footwear.
- Individual services that are not classified in the Other Place, especially for services of fashion designer and fashion model.
Creative Industries on Group Film, Video, and Photography is a creative activity associated with the creation of video production, film and photography services, and distribution of video tapes and films. It also includes script writing, dubbing film, cinematography, soap operas, and movies exhibitions.
Business field which is part of the movie industry, video, and photography are:
- Film and Video Reproduction: reproduction (re-recordings) of film images and video that covers business of film and video images reproduction (re-recordings);
- Production and distribution of films and videos by the government, which includes manufacturing and distribution business of film and video for the show, managed by the government including the editing, cutting, dubbing, titling the film on the basis of reimbursement and also film production for television and film delivery services and bookkeeping films agent;
- Production and distribution of films and videos by private sector covering the production and distribution of films and videos for the show, which is managed by the private sector, including editing, cutting, dubbing, titling the film on the basis of reimbursement and also the film production for television and film delivery services and bookkeeping films agent;
- Cinemas Actions as well as business of movie rentals or video tape and movie business that is managed either by government or private;
- Photography services including photography services business, either for individuals or business interests, as well as processing and printing of these captured. It also includes photography services business (aerial photography), and photography services operated by the engine.
Creative industries on Handicraft Group is a creative activity related to the creation, production, and distribution of products made by qualified craftsmen produced that originated from the initial design to the completion of the product, for instance handicrafts made of: precious stones, natural or artificial fibers , leather, rattan, bamboo, wood, metal (gold, silver, copper, bronze, iron), wood, glass, porcelain, cloth, marble, clay, and limestone.
Handicraft products in general are only produced in relatively small amounts (rather than mass production). Production volume that can be produced by this handicraft industry groups, is very dependent on the number and skills of available labor craftsmen, so that this industry groups can be categorized as labor-intensive industries.
Creative industry on Computer Services and Software group include creative activities related to the development of information technology including computer services, software development, system integration, design and systems analysis, software architecture design, infrastructure design software and hardware, and portal design.
Business field which is part of the computer services industry and the software are:
- Portal services that include business services that provide access to the main gate from the central enterprise knowledge as a result of processing the data and information, which can be used as an ingredient in making decisions. Facilities provided eg the facility to conduct e-mail, searching, chat, access control every aspect of resources (resources);
- Other Multimedia Services;
- Hardware Consulting Services which includes business consulting services concerning the type and configuration of computer hardware with or without connected to the software applications. The consultations usually involve the needs analysis of computer user and the problem, and also provide the best solution;
- Software Consulting Services that include business consultancy services relating to the analysis, design, and programming of systems ready to use. These activities usually involve needs analysis of computer user and problem, solving problems, and make the software associated with these problem-solving, and simple program writing according to the needs of computer user;
- Data processing includes services for processing and tabulation for all types of data. These activities could include the entire stage of processing and reporting of customer supplied data, or only part of the processing stages;
- Activities Services Database that includes business services related to database development, data storage, and provision of data bases of various types of data (such as financial data, statistics, economics, or technical). Data can be accessed by anyone who needs or by a group of data users;
- Care and Repair of Office Machines, Accounting, and computer including business services on maintenance and repair, office machines, accounting machines, computers, typewriters, and equipment;
- Other Activities Related to Computers.
Creative Industry on Music Group is the creative activities related to the creation / composition, performance, reproduction, and distribution of sound recordings.
Business field that is part of the music industry group includes publishing the recording media including sound recording business in phonographs record, cassette tapes, compact disks (CDs) and the like; reproduction of the recording media business including reproduction (recordings), audio, and computer from the master copy, floppy disks recordings, hard disks, and compact disks.
The Creative Industry on Goods Market and Art is a creative activity related to trade in real goods, unique and rare and also have aesthetic value of high art through auctions, galleries, shops, supermarkets, and the Internet, including: music goods, printing , crafts, automobiles, and movies.
Business field which is part of the market industry group Arts and antiques are:
- Big trade of antique goods
- Retail Trade of antiques which include retail trading of antiques goods, such as: former porcelain, the former trophy, former chandelier and former marble table / chairs, antique furniture, antique cars and antique motorcycles.
- Retail trading of Antiques in Side-street including retail trade of antiques made in the public sidewalk, front porch, store, or movable stall in the market, such as: former porcelain, the former trophy , former chandelier, second hand marble table / chairs and antique furniture.
- Services Gallery and Auction House for Art and Antiques Goods, whether committed by government or private parties.
Creative Industry on Publishing and Printing group include creative activities related to content writing and books publication, journals, newspapers, magazines, tabloids, and digital content and news agency activities.
Business field which is part of a group of publishing and printing industry, namely:
- Publication of Books, Textbooks, map, brochure, pamphlet, Music Books, and Other Publications including books publishing business, textbooks, maps, brochures, pamphlets, music books, and other publications;
- Publication of Newspapers, Journals, Tabloid, Magazine, Publishing Newspapers, Journals, Tabloid, General and Technical Magazines, Comics, etc., including newspaper publishing business, journals, general magazines and technical, comics, and so forth;
- Industry of Specific publication covering the publishing industry of stamp, seal, paper money, blank checks, demand deposits, letter of share, pasport, plane tickets, and other special publications;
- Other publishing industry which includes business on photo publishing, grafir (engraving) and postcards, forms, posters, reproduction, printing pictures, and other printed material. This industry also includes micro-film record;
- Printing Industry which includes printing service activities in newspapers, magazines, journals, books, pamphlet, maps, posters and others. Also includes reprint by a computer, duplicator, and the like, for example: photocopy or thermocopy activities;
- Industry of Printing Supporting Services which include bookbinding business. Production of composed type or cylinders, bookbinding. Lithografic stone production for use in printing activities in other units
- Retail Trading of Printing Product, Publishing and Software (Software) that includes a special retail of printing business product, publishing and software, such as: invoices, notes, receipts, business cards, label, envelope, agenda, address book, greeting cards, cards postal, stamps, stamp albums, notebooks, picture books, lined paper, graph paper, maps, Braille, newspapers, magazines, bulletins, dictionaries, science books, picture books, and a variety of software, including services sales of SIM Card mobile phone;
- News Agency Activities by the government covering government activities in searching for, collecting, processing and publishing news as well as through the electronic printed media, with the aim to convey the information to the public, such as news events;
- News Agency Activities by private party that includes the activities in collecting and disseminating news through printed and electronic media with the aims to deliver the information to the public, which is managed by the private sector;
- Freelance which includes the search for the news made by individuals as information material.
Business field that is part of the advertising industry group includes advertising business through magazines, newspapers, radio and television, manufacturing and attachment of various types of posters and pictures, the spread of leaflets, pamphlets, brochures, and various kind of publicity. Including distribution and delivery materials advertising or samples, as well as rentals for advertising columns.
Creative Industry on Interactive Gaming group is a creative activity related to the creation, production, and distribution of computer and video games that are fun, agility, and educated. Groups of interactive games do not merely dominated as an entertainment, but also as a learning tool or education.
Creative Industries on Research and Development group includes creative activities related to innovative businesses that offer scientific and technological discovery and application of science and knowledge for product improvement and creation of new products, new processes, new materials, new tools, new methods and new technologies that can meet the market needs.
The main activities of research and development group industries include:
- Business on Research and Development conducted systematically and organized by private related to technology and engineering;
- Research and Development of Social Sciences which includes business on research and development conducted in a systematic way, organized by the private sector, related to the social sciences, such as research and economic development, psychology, sociology, laws, and others;
- Research and Development on Humanities including research and development business that are carried out regularly and held by the private sector related to the humanities such as research and development of language, literature, and art;
- Business and Management Consulting Services which includes business advisory and operational support to the business world, such as consultancy in the field of public relations and various management functions, the management consulting agronomist and agricultural economies on agriculture and the like.
Activator of this group is the government which released a national policy of science, knowledge, and technology. National Development Strategic Policy of Science and Technology focuses on the development of food security, creation and utilization of new energy sources and renewable, technological development and transportation management, information and communication technology, defense technology, and health technology and pharmaceuticals.
Creative Industry on Performing Arts groups include creative activities related to efforts related to content development, performances production, ballet, traditional dance, contemporary dance, drama, traditional music, music-theater, opera, including a tour of ethnic music, design and fashion show manufacturing, the stage decoration, and lighting system.
Business field that is part of the performing arts industry groups are:
- Services on Convention, Exhibition and Incentive Travel which covers businesses with activities to provide services for a meeting of a group of people (statesmen, businessmen, intellectuals, and so on). Included also in this group is business planning services, organizing and conducting incentive travel programs and business planning services and implementation of exhibitions;
- Impresariat which covers the management and operation of good entertainment in the form of bring, send, or return and determine the place, time, and the type of entertainment. Impresariat service business activities include the arts and sports;
- Drama, Music, and Other Entertainment Activities by the government, which includes government’s activities for the purpose of conducting good entertainment business through radio, and television, whether or not, such as: drama series, music performances, with the aim as the entertainment media;
- Drama, Music, and Other Entertainment Activities by private including businesses of performing arts and stage entertainment that is managed by the private sector like: opera, theater, local art associations, as well as entertainment service businesses such as band, orchestra, and the like. Also Include activities of novelist, story writer and other writers, actors, singers, play dancers, dancers and other artists of similar stage. In addition, the business activities are include radio producer, television, and movies, lecturer, painter, cartoonist, and sculptor;
- Entertainment Supporting Services which includes entertainment business supporting services such as: cameraman service, lighting, makeup artist, music stylist, other equipment and services to support the arts scene. Including ticket sales agent / ticket performing arts and entertainment.
- Other Fun activities that include conducting entertainment activities in the community, by government or private.
Creative Industries on Television and Radio groups include creative activities related to business on creating, producing and packaging, broadcasting, and television and radio transmissions.
Business field which is part of a group of television and radio industry are:
- Special Telecommunications for Broadcasting which includes telecommunication organization specifically used for broadcasting purposes. The features are radiated in one direction and continuous; received directly by the recipient, are fixed and mobile; display images and / or sound; and appropriate for public broadcasting . The organizer usually rent for network as transmission means for broadcasting purposes of the implementation of other telecommunications networks, it does not include special telecommunication for the purposes of broadcasting
- Radio and television activities by the Government which includes government activities in the implementation of radio and television broadcasting, including the relay station (re-transmitter) radio and television broadcast;
- Radio and television activities by private businesses that includes business activities in the implementation of radio and television broadcasts, managed by the private.